Tuesday, March 29, 2011


In some cases an injection may help. The injection may be a long-acting local anaesthetic or a ateroid preparation, and may be given into the small facet joints of the neck or sometimes into the narrow spaces where the nerves emerge from the spine. These injections are usually given by a specialist (a radiologist or anaesthetist) and are performed in an x-ray department so that the specialist can see exactly where the injection is going.

No comments: